Finding love in London is not always easy. It can be hard to find someone who you share common interests with so many people and takes the time to get to know you. And then there are all of the online dating websites that make finding a date seem like too much work! If this sounds like something you might be struggling with, don’t worry – we have some tips for how to find new people and places for first dates below!
Walk around a busy area like Covent Garden or Camden Town. This will allow you to speak with new people and find someone who shares your interests, without leaving home! There are always plenty of interesting people to meet in London, so it’s just about getting out there and chatting up strangers!
Consider attending an event at one of London’s many free museums on public days. Not only is this a great way for locals (or visitors) to explore different cultures, but it also means meeting other people interested in art as well! Plus, everyone loves culture – even if they’re not visiting from another country too often themselves 🙂
- Organise a night out or drinks with your friends or work colleagues. My favourite thing to do is a pub quiz with friends, it’s great for team work and getting competitive!
- Try going on an organised date. I’ve been doing this more myself lately and have found some really fun events – like mystery dinners where you never know what the food will be until you actually order it.
- Keep your eyes peeled in public places too – not just nightclubs or pubs! A park bench can make for a romantic evening if suitably prepared 🙂
- London is known as one of the most multicultural cities in Europe, so there are plenty of people from other countries here who may share your interests (or vice versa) but not speak English very well yet. Feel free to chat them up at shops, bars just don’t be creepy about it!
- Put yourself out there and try new things! One of the best ways to meet someone is at an event you weren’t even sure if you wanted to go in the first place.